The photographic angle promotes education of the public in the art and science of photography by staging exhibitions and by working with professional, student and amateur photographers
SUBMIT TO EXHIBIT TERMS AND CONDITIONS : ("the RULES") :
1. Entry is free.
2. The title of The Photographic Angle's ("TPA") current submission theme is shown on the live submissions page of the charity's website from time to time.
The theme is open to individual interpretation but entries must showcase how the entrant has used his/her choice of viewpoint to clarify and strengthen their message, adding impact and originality.
We wish to display an amazing and diverse range of subject matter within this series and submitted work could include anything from landscapes, architecture, street photography, portraiture, still life and macro images and indeed anything relevant to the theme.
3. TPA will cover the cost of exhibiting your work, at its exhibitions, if selected.
However, the charity reserves the right to decline the exhibition of work if the submitted material is deemed inappropriate or offensive (this decision will be made at the sole discretion of the charity's curator), and will only exhibit work when gallery space is available. This constitutes the full extent of The Photographic Angle's involvement in exhibiting such selected artwork.
4. In all instances where matters are at the charity's discretion, its decision will be final and binding in the matter. The charity will not enter into correspondence concerning such issues.
5. No individual assessments of submitted photographs will be available.
6. If it is found that the copyright of, or other intellectual property rights of any third party have been infringed, then the entrant hereby fully and effectually indemnifies TPA from and against all costs, claims, demands or otherwise arising from any such third-party claims or otherwise.
7. Entrants are initially invited to submit 3 photographs, in colour or black and white.
8. TPA is aware that digital photography does allow for some image enhancement.
You may enter images that have had spots, scratches or other blemishes removed. In addition, you may have worked on the colour or enhanced the image for the sake of the composition. The image can also be cropped to improve composition.
TPA will accept composite images, namely, entries that stitch 2 or more separate photographs together to make 1 image, or entries that superimpose elements photographed separately into 1 image.
All images submitted must be the sole work of the entrant.
9. The submission theme is open to all entrants from all countries. Employees of TPA, as well as their immediate families, are not eligible to enter. Entrants under the age of 18 years need to have the consent of their parent and/or guardian to enter.
Each entrant must ask the permission of a parent and/or guardian to enter. It is the responsibility of each entrant, plus the entrant's parent and/or guardian to ensure that they have read and abide by these Rules. By submitting an entry, the entrant and the entrant's parent and/or Guardian agree to the Rules, that the entry complies with the Rules and that the parent and/or guardian will be liable to TPA and their licensees in respect of any damage or losses incurred as a breach of the Rules by the entrant.
10. TPA may hold and process personal information which you are supplying in relation to your submission.
TPA will only ever use personal details for the sole purpose of identifying them as the author of any entry.
11. Entries should be submitted via TPA's website :
We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
12. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
Entries must not be submitted through agencies or third parties.
13. The theme closes for submissions at the time specified on the submission page of TPA' s website from time to time.
Entries received after this time and date will not be considered.
14. All photographs will be considered utilising the following criteria :
Relevance to the theme.
15. Submitted photographs will be considered for inclusion through the following processes :
Stage One : Photographers are asked to submit 3 sample images on the Submit to Exhibit page of the TPA website for our curator to assess your work, based on the above criteria.
Stage Two : TPA's curator will then review all of the entries submitted and shortlisted entrants will be contacted by a member of TPA within one month of the closing date.
Stage Three : Successful entrants will be requested to submit full high-resolution ( 240+ ppi and 2mb+ ) versions of their 3 sample images along with up to a further 10 to 22 images.
In addition to submitting the imagery, TPA also requests that entrants submit an artist statement of approximately 300 words which provides background information on the submitted work and the inspiration behind it. Artists are also asked to provide a title for each image.
16. All entries must be the sole original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
17. Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to TPA. However by entering the submission process all entrants grant TPA the right to reproduce, without payment, for any purpose at any time in any media, with or without attribution for publicity and promotional purposes in any connection with the charity's work.
18. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Rules and TPA reserves the right to exclude any entry at any time, and at its absolute discretion if TPA has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these Rules.
19. TPA reserves the right to cancel the submission process or to alter any of the Rules at any stage, for any reason, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise out of its control.
20. Due to limitation of space and the number of images available, TPA cannot always guarantee to exhibit all or any of the chosen work of each entrant at each venue, or to inform entrants when and where the images are to be displayed.