With only one exhibition running this week up in London, the TPA team has been concentrating on catching up with all the admin that goes into putting on all these touring exhibitions and we wisely started preparing for when the busy period kicks off again mid-August.
If you are at a loss for something exciting to do this weekend there are plenty of great photography activities we can suggest you take part in. Firstly, there is still time to enter our photography competition Flow
and if you win you will receive a year's digital subscription to Amateur Photographer
magazine so it's worth a shot (excuse the pun).
Or alternatively why not get out and about with your camera and take some photos that you can submit to be featured in one of our upcoming touring exhibitions? We have some great themes coming up which are now open for submissions
including: Pocket Photography; In The Moment; The Colour Yellow; and A Beautiful World.
If that seems a bit too active for you, we have plenty of reading material for you to get your teeth stuck into with this weeks Friday Link Love.
1) How Google Street View is inspiring new photography
2) Get Some Perspective
3) Instagram, Kodak and the End of Innovation
4) Hot off the press: The Newsprint as a Medium for Photographers
5) What Type of Camera Holder Are You?
6) How One Photographer Got His Instagram Photos Into Sports Illustrated
7) Instagram is Debasing Real Photography
8) Vision Quest: An Israeli Photographer's Exploration of His Homeland
9) Amateur Photographer Captures Engagement & Seeks Out Couple
10) Photojournalism, Dead? Or Immortal?